|"She Ruined Our Chances And Hers"|
|Episode Number||8/13 (008)|
|First Broadcast||May 17, 2014|
|Previous||Jumping Ship Is An Option|
|Next||Karma's A Bizzle|
She Ruined Our Chances And Hers is the eigth episode of Survivor: Borneo.
Rattana return to camp having just blindsided Ben from the game, with both Olivia and Sarah feeling immediately on the outs, now vulnerable without Ben around to lead them. Teddy stands looking at the tribe, running his hand through his beard, clearly worried about his position in the game. Uri, Razzy and Tia retire to the shelter, sitting with smiles on their faces as they wait for the drama to unfold. Danni is being comforted by Alice, who still has her arm around her, while Eli tends to the fire.
- I guess... Good job guys. That was well done.- Teddy
- Thank you. I think we created history today, showing how this has to be played am I right?- Uri
- Well Razzy... You did good.- Teddy
- Thanks.- Razzy
- So is this how its going to be? You guys will just start voting us off one by one?- Teddy
- Who knows? Maybe I'll take out Eli next (laughs)- Uri
|“||Tonight our worst fear came true. Danni flipped on the tribe just to spite Ben and the others. I wouldn't say she did this for her own benefit as in my opinion this did nothing but lessen her chances of winning. She ruined our chances and hers. The Tagi tribe is done. I wouldn't be surprised if its me next, I mean it seems abundantly clear that I have no one out here now. My only option is to lay low while trying to turn things in my favour, I have no loyalties now. Someone wants Uri out, I'm in. Someone wants Eli out, I'm in. Hell if they want Danni out, I'm in. I'm going to do what I can to stay in this game, to win the million dollars that me and my family deserve.||”|
|“||When we got back, Uri decided to fire some shots to Eli. That wasn't the smartest thing considering we can be cocky now, we've seen where being too comfortable gets you in this game. Eli and myself are still here because we have never gotten comfortable, because the second you do, like Uri, you head out the door. Who knows, maybe I want to see more shocked faces at the next tribal council.||”|
- Can I just ask Danni why would you flip? You know we had final four deal...- Sarah
- Because Sarah all you guys did was torment me for twenty freakin' days. As soon as we merged I had no reason to put up with your c**p anymore. And since when did we have a deal? That's just laughable.- Danni
- You know don't even speak to me, you're just tacky, rude and classless! You totally showed your colors tonight by voting out Ben who did nothing but protect you through this game!- Sarah
- Keep contradicting yourself Sarah because I really couldn't care what you have to say, keep making yourself out to be the idiot you are.- Danni
The argument between the two escalates, but eventually Danni walks away while Sarah continues to argue. Uri smiles during the whole episode, finding it amusing to watch the opposition falling apart.
|“||This is what I have waited twenty days for. My enemies to truly fall apart. It brings me so much joy to watch them scream and shout at one another, because all it does is guarantee that I can get to the end of this game with my allies Razzy and Tia. But Sarah is such a mess, she is perfect to go to the end of this game with. Maybe I'll bring her and the big girl in just so I can confirm my win, it's not like I need Danni anymore... Eli and Alice served their purpose too. I like that... a final five of me, Razzy, Tia, Sarah and Olivia...||”|
The Rattana tribe spend the day in a relaxing manner, not having had the chance to do so since coming together on day twenty. Danni, Eli and Alice are sat together on the beach. Olivia, Sarah, Uri and Razzy sit in the shelter, while Tia and Teddy have gone to collect water. Uri decides to take the opportunity to talk to Olivia and Sarah, in hope of setting them up as future allies in the game whom he can easily beat at the end. Uri begins to talk to them, but Sarah comes across aggressively, bitter about the fact they had voted out Ben. Olivia attempts to calm down the situation, knowing that Uri's strategy could benefit her game.
|“||Sarah is ruining my game with her attitude. She needs to just shut up! This is our last chance today, and if we can get in with Uri then it really benefits my own game. I may just ditch Sarah if she refuses to tag along, because I need to look after myself, I'm not going to do what Ben did and babysit her.||”|
- So the two of you understand we can just pick you off if we want?- Uri
- Yes. Which is why I'm glad you're talking to me right now... I presume you don't want things to be that simple?- Olivia
- I have been playing a very strategic game so far... Haven't I Razzy?- Uri
- Yep, you have.- Razzy
- Well now I want to reward myself by voting from a social standpoint. I want you both to show me that you can be loyal... I want you guys to propose a vote, and then you two, myself, Razzy and Tia... We can go to the end.- Uri
|“||I don't know what's going on inside Uri's mind right now but it worries me. If he tells them he wants Eli, Alice or Danni out we're screwed. We cant just blow things up now because Uri wants to 'reward' himself. The smartest thing to do is vote Teddy out next, then after that we take out Eli if he really wants him out.||”|
|“||My plan is simple. I get the girls to go after Danni or Teddy. Then me and my group vote for Eli, we get Eli and Alice to vote whoever. Danni to vote someone else. The votes will be so split up that my three votes for Eli will send him home.||”|
- We could vote out... Teddy?- Olivia
- Why Teddy?- Sarah
- He's a threat physically. He has no one else around so removing him would be easy for us to show our loyalty.- Olivia
- I agree with Teddy overall. I think he's the best bet for us to vote.- Razzy
While collecting water, Teddy attempts to convince Tia that he should be kept longer then the others, as his work ethic means he is valuable in the long run. Tia acts as if she is considering Teddy's argument, but doesn't make him any strategic offers, feeling he is too dangerous to keep in the game.
|“||Teddy is the most threatening of the three we want to pick off. I don't think keeping him is wise, as it'll cause a bunch of problems to arise.||”|
Down the beach, Eli, Alice and Danni are talking. The observe Uri talking to Olivia and Sarah, with Alice claiming that she thinks he's playing too hard again, and doesn't realize that he needs numbers still. Eli brings up Uri's comments about voting him out that he made the night before, to which Alice responds that Uri is still holding grudges against Eli from earlier in the game. Danni confesses her disliking for Uri, stating that she doesn't like his self righteous attitude and that he is too comfortable.
- I mean if my tribe said to vote out Uri yesterday instead of Tia... I'll be honest... I'd have written his name down.- Danni
- I don't blame you- Eli
- You don't think he's going to try and pull a fast one, getting everyone that's not in this three against you? (looks at Eli)- Alice
- I don't think so... I mean why would he?- Eli
- Because he's Uri, he isn't able to play this game strategically or socially. We just need to make sure we stick to our plan, take out two out of the three others, then we pull in the third and us three can make it to the end.- Alice
- I think we'd be such a nice ending to this game. I mean better then Uri or the girls.- Eli
|“||Things are getting once again uncomfortable at camp. Paranoia sets in, Uri causes problems. To remove anyone in our Pagong group would be a mistake as of now because we need each other. But things are so messy there's no knowing where this game will take us. I will attempt to work in a plan that involves the Pagong members plus Danni voting for Sarah tonight, so that we can take her and Olivia out next. Then we will pull in Teddy, and the four of us will remove Uri and his followers. Since reaching the merge my friendship with Tia kind of went, as Mandy was the only reason she needed me earlier in the game, now she's gone she sits comfortably with Uri and Razzy for their 'top three' ending. So we'll use Teddy instead. Teddy is a threat physically out here, but he's the only person who is a free agent that would willingly work with Danni, because after last night it is clear neither Sarah or Olivia will be voting with her again.||”|
Olivia and Sarah spend their day laying as low as possible, with Olivia mentioning that any trouble they cause acting as the final nail in their coffins. Uri checks in on them regularly to make sure they are still willing to vote out Teddy, to which they both confirm they are, knowing that once Teddy is out of the game they can work their way back into an alliance.
|“||Teddy needs to go at the next tribal to confirm my place in the majority. I know that once we get to that majority we will be placed in a good spot, one that possibly guarantees us final five! I'm keeping Sarah under control, and she's obeying. I guess its not so hard to look after her.||”|
|“||I regularly check in on my new cattle now and again, making sure they're comfortable enough with me. Things are very good now. I just feel that its a good time to do this plan and take out Eli, because we've seen how easily Danni switches, and how easily Razzy and Tia follow my lead. Tomorrow will be a good day, I just feel the power within me growing, and earlier I had a brief meditation session and I had this vision, and it was of Olivia at the end of this game, and me looking across at her. I guess this means she is my final two partner.||”|
Uri takes Razzy and Tia off alone in order to talk them through his plan to oust Eli from the game once and for all. As soon as Uri tells the two he has a "brilliant" plan which involves removing Eli, Razzy shuts him down, while Tia waves her hand in Uri's face.
- Have you gone crazy!?- Tia
- What?- Uri
- Answer me, has your ass gone crazy!?- Tia
- Eli!? Are you serious? You'd give the game back to Tagi members, because Alice and Danni wouldn't stick around after voting him out!- Razzy
- But Danni would vote with us, and Alice will get over it. Olivia and Sarah already said they'd vote out Teddy.- Uri
- I just cant believe this Uri...- Tia
- Danni is WITH Eli and Alice! Alice will NOT get over it! What Sarah did to Danni the other night, Alice will do to us if we vote Eli out of this game.- Razzy
|“||Razzy and Tia reacted really badly to my plan. Which is sad because they clearly don't understand how this is mean to work.||”|
|“||I literally cannot believe Uri right now. What is he doin'!? The best bet is to vote out Teddy! Not Eli! Teddy! T-E-D-D-Y! Teddy!||”|
During the chat, Alice walks over, managing to hear what they're saying before they notice her.
- Alice will NOT do that. She is level headed. She will know it's better to follow then to make a scene.- Uri
- So you just want to vote Eli and be done with it? You're willing to risk that? (shakes head)- Tia
- Hey guys...- Alice
- (eyes widening) Hi Alice...- Tia
- I was walking by and heard my name?...- Alice
- We were just talking about votes and stuff... Y'know we're nervous. We was thinking maybe Danni because of her tendency to flip.- Razzy
- Right... so you guys want to do Danni at the next vote?- Alice
- Yep, of course. Right Uri?- Tia
- Right...- Uri
|“||They must think I'm an idiot for not hearing exactly what they were saying. They're scared that Danni is closer with me and that if they want to make a move they'll anger a group of us, which is true they're right. But for the pure fact they brought my name up... Well... I might have to send my vote to one of them next tribal. Disperse them all a bit, send them running. But on the other hand me going after them is hypocritical in a sense... We might be able to find a greater shot if we take out a Tagi member next... Maybe Danni should go... Maybe Teddy should... Or maybe we just stick to the relevant plan and vote out Sarah.||”|
Alice returns to find Eli alone, and immediately goes over to inform him of the conversation she overheard. The two realize once again Uri is stirring up trouble, and that the Pagong unity may cease to exist after the next tribal. Eli states that he'd rather not vote out one of their own unless it was to protect themselves, as it would be smarter to prevent Tagi from getting numbers again. When discussing their trust towards Danni, Eli remains somewhat skeptical that she would remain completely loyal, as she could have greater intentions then to simply go to the end with the two of them.
|“||Things again are getting complicated thanks to Uri. If he wasn't here Pagong could ride this game to the end together, but he creates these rifts which do nothin' but upset people. At the next tribal I would like to vote out a member of Tagi... Even over someone like Uri.||”|
After Alice leaves them, Uri, Razzy and Tia quickly disperse, with Razzy mentioning that they need to come up with a back-up plan, as Alice could turn things against them. Tia suggests that they should talk with Teddy, getting him on board with voting out Eli, as it would guarantee them a majority as long as Uri makes sure Olivia and Sarah vote on their own.
|“||Alice stumbles on us talking about her which really screws things up. The back-up plan now is that we get Teddy on board, we get Olivia and Sarah voting on their own, and we take out Alice, Eli or Danni. The main plan still could be to remove Teddy, but after what Alice heard I be doubting she is with us on this. Then again she might have fallen for the vote Danni thing. Listen man its just got so crazy not even Razzy knows what's going down.||”|
Tia runs over to talk with Teddy, and immediately asks him if he wants to stay in the game as long as possible still. Teddy seems somewhat shocked at Tia's change of heart, curious as to why she needs his help.
- At the next tribal, would you be willing to vote out Danni?- Tia
- Why? Aint she with you guys?- Teddy
- Well, its just... She is a trouble maker y'know.- Tia
- So she's a trouble maker and now you want her out... Funny because earlier you weren't over keen on helping me out.- Teddy
|“||As soon as Tia came running I knew something had gone down while I was fishing. It was so obvious that something had gone wrong for the Pagong strategy team or whatever. Considering it was them needing my help, I decided to work things a bit more in my favour. I have no relationship with Eli or Alice... and I have one with Danni. So her going over them isn't that great for me. So I said it straight up 'No I wont vote for Danni'... Then Tia stumbles on her words until she finally offers it... The deal I wanted...||”|
- Would you vote Eli?- Tia
- Why not Alice?- Teddy
- No way would we vote Alice, she's too well liked by Pagong for us to remain comfortable voting her out. Trust me Ted, Eli as the vote is a good one if you take it.- Tia
- I mean it seems good. I'd be happy voting for him I guess. As long as it aint me.- Teddy
- We can count on you right?- Tia
- As long as it aint my name coming up, I'm happy to help.- Teddy
|“||Eli and I share one thing in common, work ethic. When he goes I'll be the only one really working around here, making me look even better and necessary. It's time for me to adopt the 'as long as it isn't me' attitude because it makes me look as if I'm nonchalant on the strategic side. I'm happy to follow Tia, Razzy and Uri around for a bit... I don't really like them... But if they want me as number four I'll take it. It's better then coming ninth.||”|
Challenge: Survivor Archery
Each tribe member was to shoot at an archery target with a bow and arrow. The closest mark to the bullseye wins.
Reward: A video from home and the chance to send a video home to them.
|Reward Challenge: Survivor Archery|
The Rattana tribe receive tree mail informing them that they will be facing their second individual immunity challenge. Uri, Razzy and Tia seem to agree fully that they must now go after Eli in the vote, as they seem to feel that Alice, Eli and Danni are too dangerous and unified as a three to ever consider fully sticking with the Pagong tribe. Before tribal Uri ensures that Olivia and Sarah are both still certain of the plan, aware that they will be voting Teddy. Uri tells them to keep their vote on Teddy unless he personally tells them to do otherwise. Tia ensures that Teddy is still set on voting for Eli, which he confirms that he is. Alice, Danni and Eli seem somewhat unaware of the certainty that they are in trouble, with only snippets of a conversation Alice overheard acting as proof that they are in danger somewhat.
|“||Today I need to win because we have some indication that Uri might be coming back after me, which is stupid because we need numbers at this point.||”|
|“||The plan has been set, we can get rid of Eli tonight. If worst case scenario comes true and he is safe then we'll have to go after Danni because neither myself nor Uri want to vote Alice at this point. Teddy seems somewhat undecided on whether he'd vote Danni, but all we need to do is remind him that she screwed him in the first place, so him voting her is strictly payback.||”|
Challenge: End of the Line
Castaways were clipped to a group of ropes by carabiners, they must sprint along a jungle trail and must find a series of checkpoints. Along the way, they may find a rope leading them to a dead end, and if this happens, they must backtrack to their last checkpoint to start over. First to reach the end of the trail would win Individual Immunity. Castaways must cling on to the carabiner at all times.
|Immunity Challenge: End Of The Line|
Alice, Danni, Olivia, Razzy, Sarah, Teddy, Tia & Uri
Upon returning to camp, Tia immediately tries to gather the group, aware that the 'worst case scenario' has come true. Teddy, Razzy, Uri and Tia stand together in plain view of the others, Tia mimes the name 'Danni', to which Razzy and Uri nod, before leaving. Teddy stands in the middle, with Tia looking at him for confirmation.
|“||Things went a little wrong today with Eli winning. It leaves Danni as our next target. Teddy is somewhat unsure as to whether he'd vote her, he said yes but his eyes just said no. Razzy is speaking to him now saying how cold it was of Danni to flip, making her out to be some sort of villainess. Uri is now speaking with the two girls who seem to be mentally checked out. I honestly don't get why we don't just have them vote Danni too but Uri claims its something to do with trust issues as they both have big mouths and he doesn't want them to let Alice know because then she'd just bring in Teddy and blah blah blah... (sighs) Phew... You know I don't know what to do. Do I sit still and just let what we've set up unravel or do I panic and try to make sure things work. I don't want to do what Uri is good at doing and speak through fear because it would really screw us. I need to just hold faith that the four of us vote Danni, the girls vote Teddy, then Eli, Alice and Danni can vote for Sarah... That way we split the votes up, Danni goes home, and for the next few rounds we bump off Eli and I guess my girl Alice.||”|
Eli and Alice speak to Razzy after he is finished talking with Teddy. He mentions that their plan is to vote for Sarah as she is just uncomfortable to be around.
- So Sarah?- Razzy
- If that's what you guys are doing. What happened to voting Danni?- Alice
- What?- Razzy
- The other day you said to vote Danni.- Alice
- Oh right, yeah. Plans changed... Uri... I mean the guy cant settle on anything (laughs)- Razzy
- You're one hundred percent on Sarah?- Eli
- Yep. We all are.- Razzy
- So how are Sarah and Olivia voting? I mean they've been with Uri a lot...- Alice
- Uri got them to send their votes to Teddy I think... Just to prevent Tagi from getting together.- Razzy
|“||The other members of our 'tribe' are just in a mess right now. They cant seem to settle on anything and their plan tonight seems to be a bit... contrived? In my opinion what's happened is that Uri has screwed up majorly being the impulsive man he is, now Razzy and Tia are trying to clean up his mess. It leaves me in a really bad position again because I could make a drastic move tonight that makes me look like the villain... Maybe they really do want Sarah out. But it just contradicts Uri grooming Olivia and Sarah these last few days, unless he is looking for jury votes, something I wouldn't put passed Uri.||”|
Alice and Eli walk over to Danni and discuss the plan.
- Should we just vote for Sarah?- Eli
- What if they screw us tonight and vote me or Alice?- Danni
- You think they will?- Eli
- I wouldn't be surprised I mean they've been talking with Teddy a lot since we got back, they haven't spoken strategy at all to me... - Danni
- We need to talk with Teddy. If the girls are splitting their votes then it shouldn't be too hard for us three plus one more to get a majority. If we get Teddy on side we can work out what is going on, and act on it if there is a move against us tonight.- Alice
- What? Why?- Eli
- Find out what they told him.- Alice
|“||I'm getting really scared tonight because Uri, Tia and Razzy haven't really spoke to me these last few days. I know about Uri really disliking Eli... But now Eli is immune so it seems clear he'd want to take out his closest friends which would be myself and Alice. Sarah and Olivia hate me so they'll be voting me tonight, and Teddy has as much reason to vote for me too. I cant have made the move I did last tribal just to go at the next, so I need to go and speak with Teddy to see what we can do.||”|
Teddy and Danni take a short walk together before tribal, discussing the strategic talk made by Uri's group during the past few days.
- Have they spoken to you at all?- Danni
- Yeah but not about much. Asking me if I'd vote with them.- Teddy
- Will you?- Danni
- Probably.- Teddy
- Why!?- Danni
- Because they have numbers, and they don't have someone in their 'tighter' group who flipped on me.- Teddy
- You know why I did what I did so don't act shocked or hurt. They could have prevented it and they didn't... You think Uri, Razzy and Tia will take you far? They'll ditch you at the final six! They've been speaking to Olivia and Sarah too making the same deals with them, and who do you think they'll keep for longer... The big guy who is liked and is a threat or the two bone idle players who do nothing but follow others!?- Danni
|“||Danni really went psycho crazy on me... But a smart psycho... She said that Olivia and Sarah have the same deal with Uri, Tia and Razzy that I probably have. Which explains why both the girls are calm and not scrambling right now. It maybe is wiser to not be a follower and to make a move into Danni's group right now... But I'd be aligning myself with three strong people who clearly have the capacity to do damage... They share loyalties with themselves. If I go with Uri's group then there's a chance that I can get to the top four and maybe say 'hey I followed you guys, take me to the end and you'll win'... But is following the way I want to play? Or do I want to take control of my game for now... Removing the threats around me so that I win. Well there are threats on BOTH sides right now... So its a matter of what I feel is wiser for me.||”|
At tribal council Sarah breaks her silence, telling Jeff that she is disgusted by Danni's actions, and that if Danni does make the final two, which in her mind is doubtful, then she'll be laughed at for playing a poor game. Out of nowhere Eli begins to speak up, condemning Olivia and Sarah, stating that they are the only people left in the game who "will not win", as no one truly likes them, and that the only way one of them can win is if they go to the end together. Uri then speaks up for the girls, allowing Eli to call him out stating that he is "grooming" them, and that he plans to take them to the end over Razzy, Tia and Teddy, who he is also "grooming", and that unless people make a move against Uri eventually he could win the game, for the pure fact people are following him. Razzy gets immediately defensive, as does Tia, both stating they do not feel Uri is a leader, and that they both feel they have played good games if not better then a lot of others. Uri states that Eli's change of character is his "desperation", as he is losing a friend tonight. This causes Alice to get involved, asking what happened to Razzy's plan to "vote out Sarah". Tribal council soon erupts in the Pagong tribe calling one another out, while Teddy seems to be the only silent member, taking mental notes of every comment made. Danni asks Uri why he is now gunning for her, to which he states she has "served her purpose", causing Danni to take one last attempt at saving herself, turning to Teddy, Olivia and enemy Sarah, stating that "this is what will happen to you too, unless we make a move tonight, and take power away from certain individuals". Immediately after the final attempt at saving herself, Jeff starts the voting. When the votes come in, the first two read "Teddy", causing Teddy to reconsider his decisions, while Uri nods, pleased to see Sarah and Olivia followed his orders. Alice, Eli and Danni's votes are pulled out next, all cast against "Uri", leaving him laughing at their attempt to remove him from the game. The final few votes are pulled out, reading "Danni", leaving her regretting her decision to flip on Tagi as it got her in a worse position. However, as the last vote is revealed the whole tribal council is stunned, revealing that Teddy had joined Danni, Alice and Eli in voting for Uri, causing the paranormal investigator to exit the game, becoming the first member of the jury. As Uri leaves, Tia, Olivia, Sarah and Razzy are left silent. Tia turns to Teddy, looking at him coldly, leaving him smiling and shrugging at her glares.
Uri (4 votes)
Alice, Danni, Eli & Teddy
Danni (3 votes)
Razzy, Tia & Uri
Teddy (2 votes)
Olivia & Sarah
|“||Sorry but you attempted to make a move too early, and the only safe option is for us to send you home. Thank you for the yoga.||”|
|“||Had I been told to vote YOU last tribal, I'd have never flipped, because as strange and impossible as it seems, you're more annoying then Sarah, Ben and Olivia combined.||”|
|“||Guess I won the war old buddy...||”|
|“||Teddy, I've known you for about twenty days... Still don't know anything about you. You haven't really made the effort, so we have no reason to be loyal.||”|
|“||Danni, you fought hard but its not good enough. Shame Eli won immunity.||”|
|“||Teddy, you don't really do much other than fish and fix the shelter. Ben liked you, I'm indifferent. Adios.||”|
|“||About an hour before we set out I was writing Danni's name down, but hey they really called your ass out tonight (laughs)... You screwed up majorly, and you are a threat out here, lets hope your followers disband once you head out of here.||”|
|“||You want to call people out, fine. But you could have left with more class.||”|
|“||You served your purpose as I said. Shame that you left one minority to join another, bad choices.||”|
|“||I'm actually in so much shock tonight. I don't quite get why Teddy voted with Danni when she flipped on him last tribal. It's embarrassing that he felt this was a good move. Actually, it was, because I'd have won this game had they kept me around a bit longer. I want to see Razzy or Tia win for the fact they're both nice people... Olivia and Sarah were loyal but they do nothing. Teddy can redeem himself if he votes out Eli. As for the three flippers alliance, I hope to see them all drop like flies soon, because them winning would be a painful way to end a good experience.||”|
Still In The Running