|"She Counts As Two Brains"|
|Episode Number||10/13 (010)|
|First Broadcast||May 18, 2014|
|Previous||Karma's A Bizzle|
|Next||Trimming Down My Enemies|
She Counts As Two Brains is the tenth episode of Survivor: Borneo.
Day 27 (Night)
Rattana return to camp having just voted out Danni, with Teddy ultimately siding with Razzy, Tia, Olivia and Sarah, whom he feels he can possibly beat if he makes it to the final two. Alice and Eli, now on the bottom, don't react badly, having gotten use to being at the receiving end of blindsides. Teddy, feeling bad for turning on the two, decides to openly apologize.
- Hey guys, I just wanted to say sorry for doing what I did. You know me and you know I'm here to play the game, no hard feelings.- Teddy
- It's cool, I think we both... get it.- Eli
- Oh I get it. But it doesn't mean I cant be disappointed in you.- Alice
- Right, I completely understand that you might be mad but I just want you to know its nothing personal, and it's just because I feel you guys are tough competition.- Teddy
- (nods) Thanks man.- Eli
|“||When we get back to camp Teddy goes and apologizes to Alice and Eli. I thought it was a little sleazy of him, he's definitely working for votes. It could easily work against him. I mean all myself and Razzy need at the final five is someone willing to side with us over Sarah and Olivia, and I'm sure we could get Alice or Eli to do that. Teddy doesn't seem to be aware he is on shaky ground still, and that working for jury votes in the open isn't the right thing for him to be doing.||”|
Everyone settles down in the shelter, apart from Alice, who sits and thinks about her future in the game.
|“||After tonight I find myself again in a minority, it seems to be the place I flourish. I've gotten out of it before and I'll do it again. Whether or not Eli and I will both escape it I don't know, but I'm keeping faith that one of us can. There are three people in this game other than myself and Eli who I can see possibly going next... Teddy, Sarah and Tia. Teddy because we can get the four to turn on him, Sarah because the more problems she causes the less others want her around... and then Tia because she seems to be making quite a few enemies with her recent change in attitude. We now have to do whatever we can to ensure that one of those three go next, or else its lights out for myself or Eli.||”|
The Rattana tribe wake up to tree mail informing them of a special occasion. Tia and Sarah go to collect the mail, expecting it to state that they will be facing a reward challenge. However, they are both sent into a screaming frenzy when it reads that Razzy's girlfriend has given birth to his first child, a baby boy. Although the child is born a month early, it is in good health.
|“||When we read that Razzy's girl had given birth I flipped! He never really went on about it much back at Pagong, mentioning that he was a month away from being a dad... But reading this is amazing! It's just reminding us that we have families back home who love us and that there are people outside of the game who we can rely on, no matter where we place. (wipes tears)||”|
|“||We read that Razzy is having a baby or that his girlfriend had a baby. It was really nice and I got excited for him, even though I don't like kids it's a special moment for him and I'm going to let him enjoy it.||”|
- Oh my God this is crazy! Do you want to tell him or can I?!- Tia
- You tell him. You don't think he'll be mad?- Sarah
- Why would he be mad!? This is great news!- Tia
- Because he was meant to be back home to witness the birth wasn't he? I mean it is his first kid.- Sarah
- Oh c**p. Now I don't know if I want to tell him. I don't want him to be upset he missed it.- Tia
Back at camp, Razzy is lying down eating his breakfast, courtesy of Teddy, who as usual is doing all the work. Alice helps Teddy dish up the rice. Olivia and Eli are talking about their southern roots, as Olivia also grew up on a farm.
- So you're still in South Carolina? Or you moved?- Eli
- I lived there for seventeen years, moved to Atlanta where I live now. But yeah I grew up on a small dairy farm.- Olivia
- Why'd you move? Perfect place to live, on a farm.- Eli
- I just decided it wasn't for me. I loved the animals and got to look after the calves, but when I got to the age of caring about boys, my image and what people would think I decided that I'd rather go and live in the city.- Olivia
- See that's a lot of peoples problems, they care what other people think. Don't. Them thinkin' what your doing is weird doesn't make it weird right? They wanna judge you for livin' on a dairy farm let them, better then their city lives.- Eli
Alice comes over and joins the conversation, with her and Olivia appearing to bond well.
|“||Bonding with Olivia was nice because other than today we haven't had much opportunity to talk. She seems like a nice girl despite the 'rumors' of her back on Tagi. This game really seems to have changed her, making her a better person maybe? Bonding with her is natural, I want to be friendly. But at the same time it cant hurt my game to try and get her to like me.||”|
|“||It becomes an issue in this game when people like Eli and Alice talk to you because they're both so nice and I'd love to keep them around over Teddy or Tia maybe. I genuinely seem to enjoy the company of Eli and Alice more than them. But then you start to wonder whether they're being genuine, or if they're both just playing the game, being smart on how to get me on side. They beat the odds before, so they must be good players, this could all be strategy from them.||”|
Tia and Sarah return to camp, holding tree mail. They gather the group, and Tia begins to read out the message.
- Ok guys, so we got a reward to day. It's a good one!- Tia
- Ughhh...- Razzy
- It doesn't involve running does it? My legs are done...- Olivia
- Well when I say reward... It's a reward for one person...- Tia
- Individual right?- Teddy
- Well kind of... Someone here got a reward...- Tia
- Just say what it is! (smiling)- Eli
- RAZZY YOU A DAD! (jumps up and down screaming)- Tia
All the girls on Rattana begin screaming, apart from Alice, who smiles and begins to cry. Razzy looks totally shocked, before being dived on by Tia, who passes the tree mail over to him. Razzy reads the letter, and begins to cry himself, putting his buff over his face. Teddy kneels behind Razzy and pats his back, laughing and smiling.
- Congratulations buddy!- Eli
- Teddy aint the only parent left out here!- Tia
- True, guess I cant pull the 'I have kids' card (laughs)- Teddy
|“||Razzy really wept when we told him the news. I got worried wanting him to pull down the buff. Like 'tears of joy or sadness'... My eyes were widening and I was thinkin' 'please God be joy'. Of course when he got up and started jumping or dancing I realized he was pretty damn happy!||”|
|“||When Razzy started jumping around I got worried. Was he having an aneurysm? I was ready to get first aid in to help.||”|
Razzy hugs his tribe members, overjoyed with the news. The whole tribe end up sitting down together to talk about the child, while discussing their own families, with the news taking over any strategy that was planned to occur throughout the day.
|“||Of course I'm upset I wasn't home for the birth... But I cant be mad, not when I've got a healthy baby boy and my girl is all good. I know winning means a lot to me and my family but this (waves tree mail)... This is better then a million dollars. Hell its better then TEN million... Maybe not a billion (laughs, wiping tears)... But you know this is definitely the best day I've had in a long time, and I just hope I can see them soon. (kisses the tree mail)||”|
Alice and Eli take the raft out to fish together, while back at camp Teddy is taking the day off, leaving Olivia, Sarah, Tia and Razzy to fix the camp. While fishing, Alice and Eli discuss the inevitability that one of them will go, as strategy appears to be limited, with none of the other five seeming willing to flip.
|“||I'm not normally one to accept defeat, but it's actually nice to just take the raft out and to relax. Eli feels the same way in that neither of us particularly feel that we have a shot at making it through. It doesn't seem to bother us which is the weird thing. Yes its frustrating but neither of us, particularly Eli, feel the need to win anymore.||”|
- What do you think happens if or when we go?- Eli
- Probably a final two of Razzy and Tia. As annoying as it seems that's how it seems to be going.- Alice
- You'd vote Tia?- Eli
- No, in that scenario I'd vote for Razzy. He stayed true to his friends in this game, and he needs the money more then her.- Alice
- I think I'd vote Tia, I just feel she gave me less c**p then Razzy at the start of this game.- Eli
- I think Razzy is winning in that scenario, he'd have the support of Danni and Uri, probably Teddy, and most likely the two girls. Where as Tia has gone behind Uri's back, argued with Danni, and just seems less connected with the others.- Alice
|“||Myself and Alice just kinda accepted our place on the jury. Feeling it's coming. We're not giving up, as soon as the next immunity is done we're both going to try and get Teddy, Sarah or Tia ousted from the game. Personally I feel one of us is going next, as to keep the two of us would be foolish and the other five know this. I don't think on my own I can win this game, I just don't have the smarts. Alice is probably the most intelligent person left, hell she is one of the reasons I'm still here. She counts as two brains, mine and hers. I just think me going would be better then Alice goin', as she can win this thing... So yeah if I think we got no hope I'm happy to lay down on the sword for her.||”|
Back at camp, Teddy remains laying in the shelter, while the other four work, making sure the fire is going while keeping their supply of rice dry, after they found holes in the bottom of its container.
|“||It's weird how it took nine people to leave this game in order to create harmony. We're all enjoying ourselves. Whether it's because trouble makers like Ben, Uri and Danni are gone, or whether its down to the fact we're ten days away from finishing. I dunno. But I wish this utopia had occurred much earlier in the game.||”|
- So do you feel now your a dad you want to win more? Or do you just want to get home?- Teddy
- It's a combination of both y'know. Like I want to return home and see them as soon as possible, but I want to return home holding a check for a million dollars (laughs)- Razzy
- Guys can I just ask why Eli and Alice haven't approached any of us? I haven't seen them talk to anyone.- Sarah
- You think they've accepted they're going?- Olivia
- I do. I mean why else would they just stop playing? I think they know we're a tight five.- Sarah
- To be honest I'd be scramblin' non-stop if I was in their position, yeah it may be in vain but I wouldn't just give in.- Tia
|“||We're sitting at camp and the girls started saying how they think Alice and Eli have given up, and everything is set for us to be final five. It's really not. I'm not saying it's definitely not but they cant just sit there and assume, as assumptions in this game don't pay off. There was this one guy who loved to assume things, his name was Uri, I'm sure they all remember him.||”|
The tribe receive tree mail informing them of their next reward challenge, which will see one contestant win a phone call to home. The tribe all accept that Razzy wants the call the most, but he asks them not to throw it for him, as they all want and deserve to speak to their families.
|“||I need to win today because I want to talk to Shel, talk to my son. But I don't want the group to throw this for me because it's not fair when you have Alice wanting to talk to her boyfriend, Teddy wanting to speak to his wife, Tia wanting to speak to her mum... All of us want to win. If they let me win they might feel I owe them, and I don't want to be repaying favors in this game.||”|
|“||After getting my letter at the last reward I want to speak to my mum so much. Myself, Olivia and Eli have all had contact with our families, so we have had a bit of home love... But we still want more, and that's not unfair to say we do because one letter doesn't mean I've heard their voices... So if anyone says 'Oh Sarah already had a letter she shouldn't win' I'll throw sand in their face.||”|
The contestants had to run across a bamboo balance beam until one person made it first.
Reward: The person will get a slice of pizza and a phone call home.
|Reward Challenge: Bamboozled|
Eli & Tia
Alice, Olivia & Sarah
Razzy wins the challenge, receiving a phone call home and a slice of pizza. After eating the slice of pizza, Razzy makes the phone call to his girlfriend Michelle ("Shel"). Everyone listens in on the phone call, with most of them crying out of happiness for Razzy, or sorrow for themselves for not winning the reward.
|“||To not win the reward was hard. I wanted to hear my mums voice... So much.||”|
|“||I'd have love to hear my brother talking again, but it is what it is. I think Razzy's news gave him that extra boost he needed to win today. Good on him.||”|
- Hello?- Shel
- (bursting into tears) Hey...- Razzy
- Oh my God! How are you!? Are you ok!?- Shel
- I'm good girl I'm good. How are you both? What's he like?- Razzy
- I'm fine, we're both fine. He has your eyes! Your mum says hi, so does James, he says Gabby is loving having a cousin.- Shel
- I miss you all so so much! Tell them I love them all, and I'll be back soon ok?- Razzy
- I love you.- Shel
- Love you too, I gotta go now. I'll make you proud, give him a big kiss from me.- Razzy
|“||Speaking to Shel was just the best thing I could have asked for. One thing I completely forgot to say was about a name, but I think we'll wait on that one till I get home. Hearing just the words 'your mum' or that my brothers daughter Gabby is doing good too just makes me so happy. Family is everything to me and to just have the chance to speak with or about them for two minutes was... It was... Ugh... I just cant get over how good it was. If I win then I'll make them proud, but I somehow feel I've already done that by making it this far.||”|
The tribe receive tree mail informing them that they will be facing their next individual immunity challenge. Alice and Eli both feel individual pressure that they must win in order to guarantee safety, but at the same time feel bad, knowing if one of them wins they are condemning the other to be eliminated. Razzy, Tia, Olivia and Sarah all individually feel safe, while Teddy wants to win in order to guarantee his safety, as he is sure that Eli and Alice could easily flip things against him.
|“||I want to win today to ensure my safety. I know that it would likely cause Eli to be eliminated but at the end of the day this is individual, and as much as I love him I haven't endured thirty days of hell to hand over my position in the game.||”|
|“||If I do win today, brilliant. If not, whatever. I mean I've enjoyed my time, and as I said earlier I want myself or Alice to win this. To get that she needs to be here after this tribal no matter what, so me winning immunity might not be the best thing for our chances of winning, as all it does is buy me three more days, and if those days are spent alone I don't see them going well at all.||”|
Challenge: Fast Fire
Each person had to gather firewood, light a torch from the water, and put it in the firewood. The first to have their fire burn through the rope wins immunity.
|Immunity Challenge: Fast Fire|
Alice, Eli, Olivia, Razzy, Sarah & Teddy
The Rattana tribe returns to camp, with Tia immune from the upcoming tribal council. Everyone congratulates Tia, and she thanks them. Eli and Alice look at one another, with Eli laughing, feeling a combination of sadness and amusement that they are in his mind 'screwed'. Eli and Alice attempt to talk with Razzy in order to get Sarah voted out of the game.
- Would you consider voting for Sarah? Think about it, she will likely join up with Teddy and Olivia at the final five, putting you and Tia in a bad spot. If you take one of them out now you can easily remove me and Eli after, then at final four you will be able to get the upper hand without worrying about Tagi aligning.- Alice
- It is a good plan, think about it.- Eli
- Dont worry about Tagi being bitter and joining us next round, they're smart enough to realize myself and Eli would beat them at the final few, so they wont be stupid enough to join us.- Alice
- I'll definitely consider it, but I cant make any promises. Remember I'm just one man, Tia will have to be in on it too.- Razzy
|“||We have approached Razzy in hope he will get Tia to vote for Sarah, that way she will go home. It's doubtful he'll come through, our plan is good for him and us, but logically he knows keeping myself and Eli is a mistake. In his mind we're the cockroaches that don't die.||”|
|“||Alice and Eli approached me with this last attempt to save themselves. I think they're plan makes sense, myself and Tia do worry Tagi will be the final three, but at the same time we worry Alice and Eli will work their way to the final two. They've proven that they can get out of bad situations in the past, do I want to make the same mistake Uri made by keeping them any longer? No.||”|
Tia, Razzy, Teddy, Olivia and Sarah get together to quickly discuss the vote, all agreeing on the same person.
- Alice or Eli, quick decision.- Tia
- Based off how much of a threat she is, Alice.- Razzy
- I agree, she is more strategic.- Sarah
- Are we sure? I mean Eli could be viewed as less of a threat in the future, allowing him to slip through- Olivia
- It is generally wiser to take out Alice, I mean, she is probably the smartest person left out here.- Teddy
|“||As a group we feel that Alice is generally more threatening, and therefore she should go home. It makes sense and I'm all for it.||”|
|“||I really like Alice, and I also like Eli. It's not fun to have to vote one of them out as they're both cool people.||”|
Eli walks over to the group of five, with Alice stood behind him, unsure as to what Eli is about to say.
- Hey guys, listen I'm gonna be straight up with you all. I'm tired, I don't think I can stay out here much longer. I think on the basis of fairness, I need to go home over Alice tonight. I'm getting quite grumpy and... fed up... with you all... To keep me will just result in arguments, so please just send me home for my benefit and yours.- Eli
- Oh my God... Eli... (puts hands over her mouth)- Sarah
Alice steps in, stating Eli doesn't need to do this, but he responds by stating he does. Olivia nods as Eli speaks, stating that it makes her feel so much better that he wants to go home, as she was finding it hard to write either of their names down. Tia, Razzy and Sarah seem a little unsure about Eli's request, but appear to be willing to go along with it.
|“||Truthfully I'm not grumpy, I'm not tired, and I could go on for another twenty days. But as I've been thinking, Alice has a better shot then I do in this game. We tried speaking to others previously about voting out Sarah, but as she's calmed down recently it doesn't seem as though that would work, leaving it clear myself or Alice are going. I did the only thing I felt was appropriate, and asked to go home... And they said they'd go through and vote me out.||”|
- I think that's real good of you Eli, to step down.- Razzy
- Thanks man, I just don't want to become someone I'm not out here.- Eli
- Yeah I get that, we've all had our moments but your generally a good guy, and if you wanna go out a good guy then we'll let you.- Razzy
- Yep, we're good with that.- Olivia
- Thanks guys.- Eli
After Eli and Alice walk off, Alice hugs her friend, thankful that he is sacrificing his game to save hers.
|“||What Eli did today was... well... lovely. I haven't seen someone display such kindness in my whole life. I'm going to keep going in this game and I'm going to win it, for him and for me. We've been through so much together if one of us can pull of a win I feel we both have.||”|
Teddy remains skeptical, seeing through Eli's plan, knowing that Alice is a much bigger threat, feeling that to keep someone stronger for the sake of harmony is foolish.
|“||Eli is making an attempt to oust himself from the game, whether or not its genuine I don't know. But if we are regarding harmony above removing threats then it's stupid, we lasted twenty seven days of arguments, and now we're so hung up on peace we're willing to keep someone stronger? It's foolish. I love Alice to death but she is the biggest threat in this game, and if she stays she can easily work her way into the final two, and if she does that we've just given her a million dollars. It's moments like this where I feel the need to get the others together to explain this, and I hope they see my way. If not we keep harmony and possibly regret it when we cast our votes for Alice to win the game.||”|
At tribal council the group watch as Danni walks in as a jury member, sending a cold stare in Teddy's direction, laughing at everything Olivia, Sarah and Tia say about 'peace at camp'. The group admit that Alice or Eli are going home, with the two accepting that they likely will be, before Alice brings up that it might be wiser for Razzy and Tia to vote for Sarah, to prevent a Tagi final three. Teddy then speaks up, stating its clever ideas like that which cause Alice to be one of the best strategists in the game, if not the biggest threat. The group then discuss Eli's 'quit', asking to be voted out. Eli plays up his lie that he is getting fed up of the game, and that he cant wait to get to the jury so he can be with his 'best friend', causing the group to laugh before looking upon a disapproving Uri. As the votes come in, Alice and Eli are left alone in voting for Sarah, with the other two Pagong members sticking with their alliance. However, both Alice and Eli are blindsided when the group end up voting for Alice, who they regard as a big threat, convinced that keeping her would be a mistake they later regret. Eli looks disappointed as his friend exits, leaving him alone for the first time in thirty days.
Alice (5 votes)
Olivia, Razzy, Sarah, Teddy & Tia
Sarah (2 votes)
Alice & Eli
|“||I doubt this vote will count for much, maybe Razzy and Tia will vote with us... Unlikely||”|
|“||Sarah, you've got better these last few days, but still the most unlikeable||”|
|“||Alice, I really like you and I'm sorry to do this.||”|
|“||You've been a great contestant, proving to be a threat socially, strategically and physically. You'd have won this game had you stayed much longer.||”|
|“||I'd have liked to bond more with you, but because you aligned yourself with Danni you caused your own downfall.||”|
|“||I do feel responsible for this eliminated because I did approach everyone saying we should stick with the original plan to vote you out, but again its only because you're more of a threat then Eli, who really wont be able to do much without you, where as you'd still be able to thrive on your own.||”|
|“||We were friends once, that was a lifetime ago. Razzy told me about your plan but... well.. you were too late.||”|
|“||I'm shocked that this happened because Eli sacrificed so much to make sure I stayed in the game. It's quite horrible that the group said they'd go along with that plan yet they end up tricking us when we couldn't do anything about it had they just been upfront and said 'Alice your going home'. Says a lot about their characters. The only person left who I want to see win is Eli, a lovely and genuine person who deserves so much more then a million dollars.||”|
Still In The Running