|"Loyalty Versus Strength"|
|Episode Number||6/13 (006)|
|First Broadcast||May 9, 2014|
|Previous||A Face Full Of Emotions|
|Next||Jumping Ship Is An Option|
Loyalty Versus Strength is the sixth episode of Survivor: Borneo.
Night 15 (Tagi)
The Tagi tribe return from their third tribal council, having just voted out Ola. The tribe gathers by the fire, with Danni glaring at Teddy, who attempts to avoid eye contact.
- I hope this vote means as a tribe we are united, and that we can take this thing to the end.- Sarah
- I feel everyone here proved at this vote that they would be loyal to the Tagi tribe going forward.- Ben
- Well its all good and well until the next tribal right?- Danni
- What do you mean sweetie?- Olivia
- Day three we all came together and voted out Andrew, did that make us loyal? Ask Larry and Ola.- Danni
- Come on Danni that was different. Do you not feel like your part of this group?- Olivia
- Oh don't worry I am definately part of it. Ben told me himself. I am now as equal in this alliance as Teddy, Sarah and yourself. So I've got nothing to worry about right? (laughs and walks off to the shelter, shaking her head)- Danni
- Leave her, she's just upset.- Teddy
|“||I started this game with a somewhat detached attitude to certain people. I tried to befriend them and it just wont work now, not with these people. I refuse to shed another tear while I'm out here, they want to be c***s, then I'll be one to. Say goodbye to Tagi, because this 'final five' will not be holding it together.||”|
The Pagong tribe are enjoying the hot weather at camp, all feeling overjoyed at the prospect of not having to stay in the shelter due to rain. Uri is doing his typical daily yoga alone, while Eli and Alice are swimming in the water. Tia walks back towards the shelter, while Razzy and Mandy are sat outside it. Razzy gestures for Tia to come over, but she continues walking.
- What was that about?- Razzy
- I don't know. She's been acting odd lately. Especially since she started hanging around with Eli and Alice.- Mandy
- Maybe she just needs to keep busy. This is why I said we need Eli out as soon as possible.- Razzy
- I see this at school. Kids hanging around with bad influences will change themselves and turn on the other kids. You don't think she's going to...- Mandy
- Nah... No... No we stick to our word.- Razzy
|“||Myself and Razzy have noticed that people around our camp have been acting strangely, particularly young Tia. She and I don't really gel that well together, but it's becoming clearer and clearer that she is staying more with Alice and Eli then she is with any of us. This is an issue because before it seemed more like a bonding thing, but she is now communicating less and less with myself and even Razzy who was one of the closest people to her out here. I took it upon myself to talk to Uri about it because I really do think we need to look into this.||”|
- Uri can we talk?- Mandy
- Yes. About?- Uri
- Tia, the more we see her the more its when she is with Eli and Alice. This alliance you created wont work if we have people splitting.- Mandy
- I wouldn't worry too much. Tia is just a bit hormonal.- Uri
- You cant be serious.- Mandy
- Listen leave it to me. Stop worrying. The more you worry the worse it could be.- Uri
|“||Mandy is in a horrible mess right now. She needs to stop worrying. I have faith that Tia will just calm herself, she hasn't brought up the whole 'keep Eli' thing in a while. I told Mandy I would speak to her but I wont, if I don't bring it up it'll be forgotten. That is the beauty wit girls, when their hormones are high they'll want something, but when they go back down then it'll be forgotten and they'll move on to something else.||”|
Down in the water, Alice, Eli and Tia are swimming together, talking about what they miss the most.
- Does anyone miss their phone? Literally I feel my pockets every day just hoping to find a text from my boyfriend or something.- Alice
- Nope, don't miss it at ALL.- Eli
- What!? How can you NOT miss your cellphone?!- Tia
- Don't have one (laughs)- Eli
- Ok you are officially weird (laughs)- Tia
- What do you miss then?- Alice
- Nothing. Only thing I miss is my family. I miss my family, my cattle, my horses.- Eli
- Thats so cute.- Tia
- Way to make me feel like a materialistic b***h. (laughs)- Alice
Eli, feeling emotional, goes off alone to silently cry.
|“||Today I thought about my family. It's not something I was doin' much recently which makes me feel bad y'know. I don't like feelin' I forgot them or somethin'. I miss my brother and mum at the moment. My dad he... he passed away two years ago. I wish he could have seen me do somethin' like this because he never even left home. He didn't get to see places like this. It would have been nice for him to see me on an adventure, hopefully making him proud.||”|
Several members of the Tagi tribe are shocked to see Danni getting involved with the daily events despite losing her closest friend. Danni, Olivia and Sarah are sat in the shelter together talking about home life.
- So do either of you have a man back home?- Sarah
- Nope, not me.- Olivia
- Nope, who needs a man. They're mostly liars anyway.- Danni
- So so true!- Sarah
- It sucks you didn't come talk to us earlier Danni. The amount of things we agree on is ridiculous!- Olivia
- I know! it sucks we've missed out on sixteen days that we could have bonded better!- Danni
|“||I am loving this new Danni! I think removing Ola has done her and us all good. She is more willing to talk now! It's nice to have someone more mature to talk to. Sarah is great, but her naivety shows through.||”|
|“||It's funny because they wanted a unified group and they've got one. What's funnier is they were all fake with me for sixteen days, so maybe it's time for me to be fake back. Yes it's hard sitting in a shelter pretending I like talking and gossiping with the gremlin and the troll, but if it's what will keep me around in the game, then I'll do it. I'm helping them build their jenga blocks, then I'm going to smash them all down.||”|
Ben and Teddy observe this new Danni, with Ben seeing it as a good sign.
- It's great she got over it. I was really worried going to bed last night.- Ben
- Yeah... She sure has gotten over it quickly.- Teddy
- You sound unsure.- Ben
- It's just... nevermind.- Teddy
- Ok, help me take one of these chickens out. I want us to have a good lunch today. Not letting the other tribe get hold of these so we should have them while we can.- Ben
|“||It makes me nervous to see Danni so happy. Maybe she is. Or maybe she is just a very clever individual waiting to screw us for what we did. For all we know letting our guard down is risky, saying that things are 'set' and the final five is a done deal, we might be dancing on our own graves right now.||”|
The tribe spend the rest of their day bonding as they have done, and eating one of the three chickens which they had won as a reward in the previous challenge.
Challenge: Abandoned Barracks
One at a time, each tribe member raced to a barrack. There were three different items in there (a can opener, a knife, and an army helmet). The first tribe to get all of their items (with no duplicates) back to the start won reward.
Reward: Canned foods and a chocolate bar.
|Reward Challenge: Abandoned Barracks|
Ben, Danni, Olivia, Sarah & Teddy
Alice, Eli, Razzy, Tia & Uri
The tribe feel demoralized after losing the reward challenge the previous day, with Mandy particularly disappointed that they didn't win chocolate, which is what she had been craving the most.
- Could you imagine if we had chocolate right now... ugh...- Mandy
- I know. It'd be nice. But we've gone seventeen days without it.- Alice
- I know but that's the point! Seventeen days is too long to go without chocolate!- Mandy
|“||Mandy, who hasn't mentioned her family to me at all since being out here, has revealed the one thing that she misses most... chocolate.||”|
- Do you guys prefer white, dark or milk chocolate?- Mandy
- I guess milk. I don't really care for it too much though. I'm more of a cake guy myself.- Eli
- Oh my gosh don't get me started on cakes! Ugh I totally forgot about them.- Mandy
- This chat probably isn't helping out minds.- Alice
Uri walks over to the group who are sat by the shelter.
- So what do you prefer Mandy? Milk, white or dark?- Eli
- I do love all three, but I love milk chocolate. Oh God milk chocolate and peanut butter!- Mandy
- You love chocolate Mandy?- Uri
- C'mon Uri you should know this by now! I adore it!- Mandy
- I guess that's why you've taken so much to Razzy (laughs, but the others are silent) Y'know because he's...- Uri
- We got it, thanks...- Mandy
|“||Sometimes Uri just says the most awkward things. He is an expert on how to cause rifts and how to stun people into silence.||”|
|“||It's moments like this that remind me why I am closer with Raz then I am with Uri or Tia.||”|
Out on the raft, Razzy and Tia discuss the rift in their group.
- So you've been hanging with Eli and Alice a lot.- Razzy
- Yeah they're good people.- Tia
- You feel better with them then you do with us?- Razzy
- Define 'us'.- Tia
- Myself, Uri and Mandy.- Razzy
- Yes.- Tia
- Why!? I don't understand?- Razzy
- Mandy and I don't gel, Uri has caused problems for everyone. The only person in that group I genuinely like is YOU. I don't know if I can stay with you guys because of my feelings towards Mandy and Uri. Uri is just a mess, he is just an awful 'leader' and is so out of his depth. Mandy is so condescending and patronizing and don't tell me I'm wrong because a lot of people see it. Eli is loyal and kind and a hard worker. Alice is just a good person.- Tia
|“||I told it straight up to Razzy. I want him to know my difficulties with the group because as of yet he hasn't really supported me as much as I had hoped he would. Maybe he'll agree with me and join me in voting for Uri or voting for Mandy.||”|
- So is it now? You're done with this?- Razzy
- I told you. I'm going to vote how I feel. I don't want to be shipped into a group of people and vote how they expect, that's not how I want to do this thing.- Tia
- Can you please just do me a favour? Vote Eli out next. I promise you it'll make things better. It will show Mandy you're loyal, it will stop the fights between him and Uri.- Razzy
- So Mandy doesn't think I'm loyal?! That proves it, she immediately had issues with me, leading me away from you guys. There are other ways to stop the fights, such as Uri's departure.- Tia
|“||It worries me that the group has never managed to stick together. As a tribe we are messy, too messy. If we merge soon and the other tribe are tighter then we are... It's over. I don't see Alice, Eli or Tia sticking with us if that's the case, so myself, Uri and Mandy will be heading out of here empty handed.||”|
The Tagi tribe continue to appear much happier around camp, with the members suspecting Danni has forgiven them easily, although Teddy still questions her true intentions. Danni and Teddy go off alone, giving Teddy a chance to talk with her.
- Why you so happy?- Teddy
- What? I cant be happy now?- Teddy
- I just think it seems a bit contrived. I don't want to be rude but it really does seem that way.- Teddy
- Maybe it is, maybe I'm seriously p****d at you guys. I mean you all have lied to me, gossiped about me, treated me like a joke. The fact you all think I've genuinely forgiven you is laughable.- Danni
- Danni I said I'm sorry. I told you I was voting Ola, me and here had NOTHING. We had no deals, no bond. To keep her would harm my game.- Teddy
- Right and to blindly follow Ben wouldn't.- Danni
|“||I hope I am Teddy's long awaited wake up call. He needs to realize he is smarter then Ben and doesn't need to be following him like he does.||”|
- I don't blindly follow Ben. I don't listen to him. All I have is a promise that I wont vote him out. I swore on my kids name I wouldn't.- Teddy
- So you are obliged to help him. You are his lapdog.- Danni
- I'm not.- Teddy
- Prove it then. Go back to camp and release the last chicken. Let it go. And I want you to accuse Olivia of leaving the cage open. She was with them before we left.- Danni
- I really don't see what that will achieve.- Teddy
- Fine then, enjoy handing Ben money.- Danni
|“||This new Danni is scary. Very scary. She is angry, more angry then I've seen anyone else out here. More angry then Larry when he screamed his a** off at Ola. That is saying something. I do want to prove loyalty to Danni, hoping she'll prove it back. She wants me to release a chicken and to shift the blame off onto Olivia, because she knows we cant get Ben out because of my deal... I guess her next best option is to take out one of the girls. I really don't know what it will achieve but... we'll see. Besides, I don't think it's fair to see more things slaughtered under Ben's orders.||”|
The tribe all sit in peace, all attempting to sleep or sunbathe. Suddenly the tribe hear a chicken wildly clucking, flapping across the beach, having escaped from its cage. Ben, Teddy and Olivia chase after it, but to no avail. The chicken escapes into the jungle, leaving Ben annoyed.
- How did it get out!?- Ben
- Did someone leave the cage open!?- Danni
- Yep, must have. Who the hell was with it last?- Sarah
- Olivia?- Teddy
- I shut the cage I swear! I know I did!- Olivia
- Jesus Christ Olivia are you thick!?- Ben
- Don't talk to me like that Ben! You freakin' ruined the watering hole! I know I shut that cage!- Olivia
- Well evidently you didn't!- Ben
|“||Watching them shout at each other was enjoyable. It makes me glad to know Teddy is willing to screw the girls over. Now I can be sure that he values my help above theirs. Ola may be gone, but I still have one person left in this game who is somewhat loyal to me.||”|
Ben continues to have a go at Olivia, who has a go back at him. Sarah tries to break up the argument while Teddy and Danni watch.
|“||Olivia is just... Idiotic. She blatantly left the door open, if she hadn't we'd have a better lunch, be well fed going into this next immunity challenge tomorrow. But she screwed things up, again.||”|
|“||So I supposedly let one chicken go. I assumed I had shut the door and still feel I did. But I guess... y'know. But Ben screws with everyone's water supply making things much harder and he gets away squat free. He's a freakin' jerk! I don't mind it when he has a go at others, but when he comes at me how he did, I'll strike back at him.||”|
The tribes receive treemail informing them of their upcoming immunity challenge. Pagong is told they must sit someone out. The tribe decide to sit out Eli, after drawing straws to decide who would not participate, as all members eligible to be sat out want to play.
|“||Today we have another challenge. This is a big one for us because if we can win we'll own a good majority of the players left in the game. We had anticipated the merge coming sooner than this, but we now feel its happening within the next six days. Around the time ten of us are left. This is crucial for our tribe.||”|
|“||I think we're all very nervous for this next challenge, especially me. I feel that after the chicken fiasco that some members look at me differently, particularly Ben. It's been shown that those against Ben haven't done too well through this game and I don't want to join the list of those people. Truthfully, I also don't want to lose anyone in this group, I feel we're a good five, a strong five, to lose someone would really hurt our moral.||”|
Challenge: The Obstacle Course
The tribes must race through a military-style obstacle course. The first tribe to cross the finish line wins immunity.
Information (Pagong): Razzy performs well, proving to be one of the fastest overall contestants on the course. Alice and Uri perform averagely, being slightly slower then those doing well, but not slow enough to cause an outright loss. Mandy and Tia both perform poorly, with Tia struggling to get over certain obstacles, and Mandy struggling to keep up with the tribe.
Information (Tagi): Ben, Danni, Olivia and Sarah perform well, allowing the tribe to completely overtake their rivals. Teddy performs poorly, slipping at the beginning of the challenge and twisting his ankle. Despite Teddy's slow pace, the speed of the other tribe members allows Tagi to wipe the floor with their rivals.
|Immunity Challenge: The Obstacle Course|
Ben, Danni, Olivia, Sarah & Teddy
Alice, Mandy, Razzy, Tia & Uri
Pagong return from losing the immunity challenge, feeling particularly bad about two losses in a row. Uri however seems to be relishing the loss, positive it means the end for long time rival Eli.
|“||I am feeling quite euphoric right now. This is the moment we've all been waiting for. Eli is done.||”|
The tribe start putting their things away, all slightly unsure as to how they should go about the rest of their day. Razzy stands looking irritated by his tribes performance.
|“||It frustrates me that my tribe was unable to keep up. It frustrates me that my tribe sucked today. But it really angers me that we lost by so much. We have had this great comeback, and blown it with one challenge. The other tribe had a limping giant for God's sake! We have a ghost hunter who does yoga, a strong doctor, a teacher and a speedy waitress, none of whom are injured, and we blew it! No doubt in my mind the loss is down to Tia and Mandy. Sadly for Eli, he isn't in the group. He is one of the strongest out here but it comes down to loyalty, and loyal to me he is not.||”|
Razzy lies down in the shelter, and he is joined by Mandy, who feels bad for costing the tribe the win.
- Sorry Razzy. I sucked today. You did good though.- Mandy
- Apologise to Eli, he's the one going tonight because of it.- Razzy
|“||I do feel bad that I was partly responsible for the loss today. But in all honesty it might not be a bad thing. It means Eli will go home, and that's something we all clearly agree must occur for the tribe to move on.||”|
Eli and Alice sit together alone, feeling as if again they must fight to stay in the game. Alice discusses the previous plan to get rid of Mandy, hoping that Tia will be on board. Eli states that this will only cause a tie, and that they would need another member to join them in order to get Mandy out of the game for sure. The two of them hug, feeling that realistically it'll be Eli going home.
|“||I've had a good run out here. I do think it's very likely I am leaving tonight. But I felt this way before, and you can never be sure as to what is happening in this game.||”|
Tia walks alone on the beach, gesturing for Alice to come over, as Eli follows Tia shakes her head, trying to let them know that she only wants Alice to come over.
|“||I wanted to get things moving. The things I have had in mind these last few days. I didn't want to immediately approach both Eli and Alice after the loss, that'd be too obvious as to what I was doin'. So I got Alice on her own, and I explained to her that tonight we're going ahead with the Mandy vote. Now all I have to do after this is to try and find a way to get Razzy or Uri to join me. I pretty much feel like Razzy wont flip, he's too loyal and good for that. This leaves the delusional Uri, everyone's favourite rift maker.||”|
|“||So it seems like all our working on Tia has come to something good because, well, she says she's in. I cant believe it. I am just shaking at the thought of both myself and Eli being here tomorrow morning. The previous times there were slackers in our way that could take bullets, Eric and Julia. This time things are different, if we survive this I think we should both be given a million dollars for perseverance.||”|
Uri is drying his socks as Tia approaches him, she sits down next to him in an attempt to sway him into voting out Mandy.
- Uri, straight up. Eli cant go tonight.- Tia
- Are you f***ing insane?!- Uri
- Nope. We've been guessing this merge is coming next right, at ten. Work it out, send me home, you p**s off Razzy, Eli and Alice. Send Eli or Alice home and you p**s off the other. Send Razzy home, well lets not even say that, it aint happenin'. Send home Mandy, you anger Razzy a bit. But even he is tired of her. I mean she was bad in this challenge today!- Tia
- Yes, well, so were you.- Uri
- Mandy has been an underperformer in almost EVERY challenge. Can you say that about me too?- Tia
- No. But this isn't the point. I am winning this 'war' between myself and Eli. This isn't going to be made into a matter about loyalty versus strength. Mandy is loyal, Eli isn't.- Uri
- Do you really think Eli would flip on our whole tribe knowing it screws his game and Alice's? He clearly cares about her so he wont do it. Get rid of Eli tonight and we have issues with myself and Mandy, issues with tribe strength, what if there are more challenges!? And most importantly issues with Alice. There is no way she'll willingly forgive you, me or anyone completely knowing we took out two of her closest friends out here.- Tia
|“||Tia is not the sweet girl we thought she was. She is really going hard. I've told her she'll make a mistake if she causes ties tonight because, well. If she goes against me she then she has to go. I dont know if what she is saying is true, for all I know Alice wouldn't care. I guess that's my mistake for not drawing her away from Eli earlier on.||”|
|“||I tried my best. Either Uri is with me or I'm done for. If I cant help Alice or Eli I guess I have to cut one loose, I did lie to Uri in that I dont feel Alice would screw us if he went, she'd understand. This all comes down to the fact Alice and I know that Uri will eventually come after me, using condescending Mandy and Razzy to vote me out. I aimed for Mandy before and missed, this time lets hope I can get a kill shot. She's a hard hit for a big target.||”|
At tribal council the tribe mention their disappointment at failing to win what they believe to be the last challenge before the merge. Tia and Mandy slightly bicker at tribal, with Tia mentioning she feels Mandy does look down on people. Mandy states this isn't true, and that Tia simply wants to cause problems in the tribe. Razzy mentions his frustration at the tribes loss, stating he feels let down when they loose to a tribe with an injured member. Alice and Eli are asked whether they feel they have a chance at survival, to which they state they believe it is down to the other members whether they stay, as they did all they could to flip some people to their side. Tia reacts to this with a confused facial expression, wondering if Eli and Alice have been playing her. Alice attempts to re-word Eli's statement, saying that they wanted to show other tribe members the truth, and the value that they both bring over the others. When the vote comes in Eli is hurt when he sees his name come up, however it is Mandy who leaves in fury, being blindsided in a 4-2 vote, revealing that Tia had successfully got Uri to flip over in fear that Alice would turn on the group at the merge had Eli gone home. As Mandy leaves she mumbles "lying scumbags", shaking her head as Jeff snuffs her torch.
Mandy (4 votes)
Alice, Eli, Tia & Uri
Eli (2 votes)
Mandy & Razzy
|“||I hope that my plan works and you go home. No hard feelings.||”|
|“||Once again I find myself in trouble. I pray that Tia comes through tonight. Guess I'll see you in a tiebreaker, if not, I had fun.||”|
|“||Eli, this was something we have wanted to do for a while. I'm happy it's finally here so we can move on in harmony.||”|
|“||I have grown to respect you after that performance the others gave. You are a hard worker and a straight up guy, but not the kind of guy I want to go against in this game.||”|
|“||Mandy, you give me dirty looks, you talk smack about people in your condescending passive aggressive manner. Your not a pleasant person.||”|
|“||I feel wrong doing this. I should be holding up Eli's name but again I find myself letting the worm escape. Mandy you are my ally and my friend and it sucks I have to do this, but its for the tribe, collateral damage.||”|
|“||I am so angry right now. I had a deal with Uri, Tia and Razzy and two of them screwed me over. I think it was Uri and Tia. Tia proved herself to be a backstabbing traitorous child who doesn't know how to play a good game, Uri is probably the most irritating and confused person I've ever come across. I hope he can go back to wherever he's from hunting ghosts, his chances of winning are becoming supernatural now too.||”|
Still In The Running