|Episode Number||4/13 (004)|
|First Broadcast||May 5, 2014|
|Previous||Bunch Of Fat Chicks And Old People|
|Next||A Face Full Of Emotions|
Generation Gap is the fourth episode of Survivor: Borneo.
Day 9 (Night)
Pagong return to camp having just voted out Julia. The tribe don't speak much initially, with Alice and Eli standing together, trying to hide their joy at both still being in the game. Uri sits in the shelter, and is joined by Razzy, who appears himself overjoyed at Julia's departure. Tia looks in Alice's direction, giving a faint smile. Mandy steps forward, looking slightly puzzled.
- Thank God she's gone.- Razzy
- I know. Did you see the smirk on her face as she left? She really didn't care did she?- Uri
- I just wanted to say guys...- Eli
- (butting in) Why me?!- Mandy
- I'm sorry?- Eli
- Why me? I don't understand. You have a group of people to chose from, a group that includes Julia, and you vote for me!? It just appears a little wrong.- Mandy
- Mandy I'm sure they meant to offense. They have to vote for someone.- Tia
- Your input at this point isn't quite relevant Tia, considering your name hasn't been written down once.- Mandy
|“||Mandy seems to be slowly revealing her disdain towards me. I now see that maybe I should have worked to get Mandy out, it's not like Razzy or Uri jumped to my defense. Maybe Alice and Eli are genuinely better people to play this game with. It's very possible that I made a mistake today, but I always aim to right my wrongs.||”|
Mandy walks back to the shelter, going to sleep along with Razzy and Uri. Tia soon joins them, and is eventually followed by Alice and Eli, who both are taking Julia's elimination as a positive.
|“||Even though things didn't do to plan this evenin', I still feel that we can take this as a good scenario. I'm still here, Alice is still here. Y'know it's not like Julia liked me much anyway. She was more with Uri then she was with me. One down, four to go.||”|
The tribe go about their normal activities, but with Tia acting as a recluse, staying in the shelter while the others walk around the beach. Mandy and Razzy sit together, discussing Mandy's issues with Tia.
- I just don't get it Raz.- Mandy
- But y'all was gettin' on ok up until now.- Razzy
- No, we just didn't speak. She decides to cause problems because of her natural attitude.- Mandy
- Well as long as you both keep civil. You're going to be living together for a long while, don't fall out because it'll screw everything up.- Razzy
- Well I mean it's not like we particularly need her, there's always Alice.- Mandy
|“||Mandy and Tia seem to be having some issues. I don't like it when my girls fight because, well, Tia is like my sister, Mandy like my mum. It's not right to pick between them. Mandy made a suggestion about not needing Tia but I really think we do. I will talk to Uri to try and get them to sort their issues out, because I refuse to ever vote out Tia or Mandy. I will not write their names down.||”|
Razzy walks over to Uri, who is sat alone doing yoga. Razzy and Uri discuss the issues with the unity within their alliance. Uri, who believes he is firmly in control, still has his sites set on Eli. Razzy agrees with Uri, believing that to keep Alice and Eli would be foolish. Uri assures Razzy that things will work out fine, and that whenever the merge occurs that their group will be successful.
|“||Razzy came to talk to me about the Mandy-Tia issues that are known around camp. It's odd because they never had much to say to one another. I don't fear for our group, I'm certain that both Tia and Mandy are mature enough to put their feelings aside so we can get rid of our real problem; Eli. Eli is someone who I feel has overstayed his welcome, he doesn't do much. He thinks he knows more then he does. It bugs me that someone as intelligent as Dr. Alice is willing to follow him so blindly. It would explain why they always vote for someone who stays, poor strategic game from both.||”|
In the water, Alice is attempting to help Eli become a strong swimmer, knowing that there will likely be more swimming challenges, not wanting Eli to stick out for the wrong reasons again. After a small lesson, Eli clearly improves somewhat, not panicking as much in the water as he did previously.
|“||My goal is to keep Eli around with me as long as I can. If that means taking up my time to help him with small tasks, then I'll do it.||”|
|“||Alice is great, she really is. She is the one person to firmly stick by me this whole time, just shows what a loyal individual she is. She tells me that Tia is someone we can potentially trust in the future, which would be great because it doesn't look like Uri, Razzy or even Mandy would want to help me out in this game. But you never know, things change I guess.||”|
The Tagi tribe all go into a panic, experiencing problems after someone forgot to shut the closer water supply off. Upon discovering their water supply had become home to several komodo dragons the tribe have no other choice but to go to their original supply, which is much further off then their closer one they won after a reward challenge.
- Can I just ask who the hell allowed it to happen?- Olivia
- Teddy? Weren't you the last person to officially go to the hole?- Sarah
- Yep, it was me and Ben.- Teddy
- But we definitely shut the hole off.- Ben
- I don't know I assumed you did, I left before you carrying the canteens.- Teddy
- So Ben you didn't shut it off?- Larry
- I did! I really did!- Ben
|“||I'm not sure if Ben thinks claiming he shut off the hole will work, considering he was the last person to be at the damn thing. Now we've got a family of lizards living and crapping in there. We need to get water as soon as possible, but we haven't left enough time to get it between now and the next challenge, so we're going to now all perform dehydrated. Can things get worse? I don't know, maybe when one of the girls tries to help things will get worse.||”|
- Well all we can do is wait until after the challenge to try.- Teddy
- There is no way we can get water today, be honest. We have a challenge in less then an hour, and the sky is about to p**s down on us. I don't know about any of you but I don't want to walk through that jungle while it floods up again.- Larry
- But what are we going to drink!?- Sarah
- That's the point! Have you not been following this conversation?!- Larry
|“||Things just got worse here. After it was going so well. Larry is losing his cool, Ben is guilty for screwing with our water. It's not like Ben purposely took a s**t in our supply though, he didn't mean it. Larry just looks for reasons to shout at people.||”|
The tribe separate, getting ready for the challenge. Ben, Danni and Teddy talk about getting water and their worries about getting dehydrated.
- It is problematic if we don't get liquids soon. We all have a small amount of canteen water left. We could maybe share?- Danni
- The only people with water left are Sarah, Olivia and yourself. I doubt two out of three will be sharing their water with myself, Ola or Larry.- Teddy
- Well all we can do is get the water tomorrow. No ones going into that jungle with this rain coming down.- Ben
- This ones on you man.- Teddy
|“||Teddy is being a bit of a jerk. Intimidating me. Trying to scare me with his "its on you, its all your fault" c**p. He doesn't realize that if I want him gone he'll go. Again an issue with that is Teddy is obliged to help me now, if he wants I can make his stay here hell, let him know he's on the bottom. Maybe take out his best buddy Danni or Larry while I'm at it.||”|
|“||We're all so thirsty and because of Ben we wont be able to be hydrated for the challenge. I expect a loss today. The only problem is we're giving Pagong momentum against us, and if it works in their favor then we'll be heading back to tribal, and that's somewhere I don't want to go. Considering my friends on Tagi are Teddy and Ola, hardly an army backing me up.||”|
In a fictitious scenario, a plane flies over the island. The castaways must build a distress signal on the beach to attract the pilot's attention.The tribe with the best distress signal wins.
Reward: A cache of spices, a sharp knife, hammocks, and other comforts dropped by parachute.
|Reward Challenge: SOS Signal|
Alice, Eli, Mandy, Razzy, Tia & Uri
Ben, Danni, Larry, Ola, Sarah & Teddy
The tribe continue to enjoy their comforts they won the previous day, with Mandy relaxing in the hammock. Razzy enjoys the spices, adding flavor to bland rice. Tia spends the day with Alice and Eli, feeling more comfortable with them then with Uri and Razzy, due to Mandy's presence.
- I just don't understand why Razzy and Uri don't just... Speak up for me.- Tia
- Yeah it really surprised me too. I mean you're like one of their closest friends and they're just shafting you off for Mandy of all people.- Alice
- I think it just says a lot for Uri's loyalty.- Eli
- That's what I'm thinking. I now agree that Uri will or could just take me out to comfort his best pal Mandy.- Tia
- Well you know the two of us are always here to talk if you need us. Well I say always here, who knows if we will be after the next few tribals.- Alice
|“||I'm definitely working Tia. I like the girl, but I like myself more. That means I'll happily comfort her until she switches things up and helps myself and Eli stay around in this game. Mandy is going down in a lot of peoples books, and that's something I am glad to say I set up a few days ago.||”|
By the shelter, Mandy continues to lay in the hammock, while Razzy and Uri sit by the fire. Uri notices Tia with the others, and begins to worry about her possibly wanting to help Eli and Alice further.
- Do you think... she likes them more then us?- Uri
- What? Tia? No way.- Razzy
- Well just look at her now. She's sat there with them. She hasn't really spoken to any of us these last few days.- Uri
- Let her go with them. Let her work her way out of this game.- Mandy
- Hello genius. It's three to three then. Do you really want to give up one of our majority members? This is why I said we should have kept Julia!- Uri
- Uri don't talk to me with that tone. You've already lost Tia you don't want to lose someone else.- Mandy
|“||Uri is losing it. He is so caught up over Tia, like who cares about what she does. We really don't need her. Her talking to Eli and Alice doesn't harm us at all.||”|
|“||I'm beginning to see why Tia doesn't like Mandy. She does nothing, she lies around and really doesn't do a thing. She then has the audacity to talk to ME the way she did. That woman will have another thing coming if she's not careful. But I need her. I want her and Tia by my side to get rid of Eli. Why do these idiots have to make everything harder.||”|
Alice, Eli and Tia spot Mandy and Uri having a spat, giving those in the minority hope that things are quickly shifting.
|“||It's happenin'! Things are just getting good now. Uri has another thing coming, I refused to lay down and die. To end his reign would be to end the suffering of Pagong.||”|
|“||I hope Uri has finally seen what a negative person Mandy is. If he is smart he'll want her out, why does he want to p**s off myself and Alice or Eli by sending one of them home. If he thinks logically, pulling the three of us in and sending home Mandy annoys the fewest people, something Uri really should want to do.||”|
The tribe continue to suffer through their dehydration, but prepare to send out several members to retrieve water, while reflecting on their loss at the previous reward challenge.
|“||As I feared we experienced a loss yesterday. What's even worse is Ben, Teddy and Larry have spent ages today planning who should go and get the water. It's stupid! Just give me the damn canteens and I'll do it! But of course I have no say on Tagi so I just have to sit back and smile. I don't want to do that, I don't want to be like Olivia and Sarah, getting waited on by the men.||”|
Olivia sits by Danni, still feeling bitter about having to sit out at the previous reward challenge.
|“||It sucks I had to sit out. I mean I'm not the weakest on the tribe by any means, but apparently Ola is more able then I am. In all fairness it doesn't take an athlete to run around trying to signal a plane. Apparently it takes a genius though, considering our tribe failed miserably.||”|
The men continue to discuss the plan to get water. With the discussions going nowhere, Ola steps up and decides to offer to go to get the water. Ben attempts to shut Ola down, but she fights back, stating that she wants to do something for the tribe. Eventually Ben gives Ola permission to go, but states that Larry must go with her, as they'll need two people to carry the canteens.
|“||Ola wants to get water... God help us.||”|
|“||When she said "I want to go"... I think we were all a little stunned.||”|
|“||I'm tired of being perceived as someone who does little. This is my chance to show them that I will be working, that I will be helping the tribe. They cant complain now that 'Ola does nothing'.||”|
Larry and Ola set off, leaving the others back at camp for the day. While hiking Ola talks over and over, with Larry giving short responses, clearly still not too keen on Ola as a person. Ola however doesn't get the message, and continues to talk as if they are close friends.
- So do you think that you miss your car more or your family?- Ola
- I don't know.- Larry
- I think it has to be my family, I miss my sister so much. I miss shopping. My dog Gigi. It's hard isn't it? What a silly question of course it is! So did what did you say you drive?- Ola
|“||It was great to do something for the tribe while being able to bond with Larry. He's not so bad when you're with him for a few hours.||”|
|“||I regret not bringing a gun as my luxury item. I surely needed it today.||”|
A few hours pass, with no return from Larry or Ola. The tribe begin to worry, while losing energy. Ben, Olivia and Sarah lie in the shelter, while Danni and Teddy sit up waiting for the water.
- Where the hell are they? Did they get lost?- Danni
- Is this our punishment for sending Ola? (laughs)- Teddy
- Oh poor thing. I'm sure they're both fine, maybe they're just bonding a bit more.- Danni
|“||I'm worried about Ola and Larry. They've been gone several hours now, and no sign of either of them. I'm hoping they just took a bit longer to get there because they're older. If it's anything more Teddy and myself will head out as the rescue mission.||”|
Meanwhile, in the jungle, it becomes apparent Larry and Ola are seriously lost. They are both carrying the water, having already found the well, but realize they took a wrong turning while heading back.
|“||I want someone to remind me never to let Ola lead. She took us one way and we've ended up at this beautiful beach. But I have no idea what freakin' beach this is. I'd not be surprised if we see Pagong in a second because we are well and truly lost.||”|
|“||So I may have made a wrong turn a few times on the journey. But I'm just happy Larry took it well. We both actually seemed to find it quite funny.||”|
Eventually, the two find their path, with Ola laughing and Larry looking extremely grumpy after the whole situation. Upon returning to camp in the dark the tribe all greet the two, with Teddy and Danni finding the situation amusing, while Ben, Sarah and Olivia are less amused.
|“||They take ages to get water, a necessity, and its funny? I don't think so.||”|
|“||When we got our water, and the wetness just goes over the dryness and extinguishes the thirst... Oh man... It was amazing. I am never taking water for granted again, ever.||”|
Both tribes receive tree mail informing them of their immunity challenge. The tribes are told to assign roles for a race-type challenge. Tagi are told to sit one member out, and that they cannot sit out the same person in back to back challenges. Tagi selects Ola to sit out, who is still tired from the previous days ordeal.
|“||We won our last challenge. Today I think we can bring it back, preventing us from going back to tribal for a third straight time.||”|
|“||Even though I'm sitting myself out today, I still feel we have a great chance. I don't worry for my tribe, as in all honesty we've been good each time we were hydrated. I hope to act as the cheerleader today, boosting moral for all.||”|
Challenge: Buried Treasure
A combination relay race/treasure hunt. Held on Ramis Beach, a windless cove on Pula Tiga's southern side, tribes are to find a buried treasure map, then the treasure itself. In order, the relay legs leading to the final objective were swimming, floating bridge balance, rowing, jungle running, then digging for the treasure. First to bring the trunk to the finish mat would win Immunity.
Information (Pagong): Alice, Tia, Razzy and Uri perform well in the challenge, allowing the tribe to take the lead early. Eli and Mandy both perform averagely, but manage to keep up with the tribes lead.
Information (Tagi): Ben, Larry and Sarah all perform well in the challenge. Danni, Olivia and Teddy perform averagely, well enough to keep Tagi in with a chance, but with over half the tribe not performing well Tagi falls behind, and manages to just lose to Pagong.
|Immunity Challenge: Buried Treasure|
Alice, Eli, Mandy, Razzy, Tia & Uri
Ben, Danni, Larry, Olivia, Sarah & Teddy
Tagi return to camp, having just lost their second challenge in a row, and their second immunity challenge overall. The girls start putting their things away, with the whole camp seeming to be busy. Larry discretely walks up to Teddy and whispers "Ola" in his ear. Teddy doesn't react, contemplating what to do.
|“||Tonight we go to our second tribal. This time it's much more difficult because we have no unified decisions on who we all dislike. Most people dislike Ola, but Danni likes Ola, and I like Danni. A lot of people dislike the girls, but Ben likes the girls, and I gave my word to Ben. So you can see this is going to be a messy evening. My original idea was to get Danni, Ola and Larry together to vote out Sarah. Sarah is someone who I feel no one truly likes, and she is someone who really doesn't help much with anything. To take out Sarah would majorly p**s off Ben and Olivia, which isn't something I want to do when I'm trying to lay under the radar with my game.||”|
- So who you thinking?- Teddy
- Well Danni, Ola or Larry.- Ben
- Have you decided which of them you'd want to go?- Teddy
- Who do you feel the least connected to? Of the three?- Ben
- Probably... Ola.- Teddy
- Right then, lets do Ola.- Ben
|“||I told Teddy we'd vote Ola after he told me that she was the person he was least close to. Of course I lied with that one, and by being the person Teddy likes the least of the three it means Ola is safe. I will not let her go home tonight. I need to isolate Teddy as much as possible, so he works under me. I don't want to stir up too much by annoying all the outsiders so they unite against me, which would mean Danni also has to stay. Leaving the only person we can vote out as Larry... The old guy who only Teddy semi-likes.||”|
Danni and Ola sit in their shelter, discussing the vote. They are soon joined by Teddy, who still hopes to try and get something going with the outsiders.
- So are you thinking Olivia? Or Sarah- Ola
- I'm thinking of the two it should be Sarah. Olivia doesn't have that close bond with Ben so once Sarah is gone she'd be easy to pull in.- Danni
- Hey ladies.- Teddy
- Hey Teddy... We're just talking about tonight.- Danni
- Yeah? And what are you thinking?- Teddy
- Sarah.- Ola
- Definately Sarah?- Teddy
- One hundred percent.- Ola
|“||Tonight I aim to get Sarah out of the game. She's rude and really doesn't deserve to stay. I think if we can get Teddy and Larry to do the same then we're good.||”|
|“||Both Danni and Ola clearly want to stay in this game, so if I can drag in Larry there's nothing stopping us from breaking up the trio who until now appear to be in charge of things. Which is funny because they really haven't done much to assert their authority.||”|
Teddy walks down to beach to Larry, attempting to get Larry on board with voting out Sarah.
- Hey man.- Teddy
- Hey Teddy.- Larry
- So what you doing? Tonight I mean.- Teddy
- I told you earlier, Ola. I swear I can't stay in this game if she's still here tomorrow.- Larry
- Why? You've spent twelve days with her. Can't you survive a few more?- Teddy
- Twelve days Teddy.... Twelve days of that woman is torture.- Larry
- Listen man, we really need you to do something. We need you to vote out Sarah. If you can then Sarah goes, and you and I can be the kings of Tagi. And Ola has to stay for that to happen, if you don't help us then there will be a tie, and that aint good for anyone.- Teddy
Teddy leaves, with Larry stating he is stuck on his decision to vote out Ola, and that he'd rather be out of the game then keep on playing with her.
|“||I tried my best with Larry. I don't know if he will join us and help out, but I doubt it now. He's made his decision. I can't vote with the girls if Larry doesn't because then we're either tied, allowing Ben to know I tried to screw him, or Ola goes home and Ben knows I tried to screw him. If things don't come together I have no choice but to join Ben in voting out Ola. But the more I think of it, Ola is more useful then Larry... Ola comes with Danni, Larry comes with his strong emotions and lack of strategic game, Larry is voting with his emotions, not his head.||”|
Back at the shelter, Ben talks with Olivia and Sarah about the vote.
- Vote Larry.- Ben
- Larry? Why?- Olivia
- Just do it. He is a loose cannon and he's closer with Teddy then Ola. Remove Larry and we can guarantee Teddy stays with us.- Ben
- Ok, I'll do Larry. But you realize you'll need to tell Teddy?- Sarah
- What? Why?- Ben
- If you don't, it could tie the vote, or Larry still goes and Teddy knows we don't trust him. You need to convince him to vote with us.- Sarah
|“||Sarah raised an excellent point. Which is worrying because up till now she wasn't meant to have strategic input. I need to either convince Teddy now to vote out Larry, or I could be screwed. If we cant get Teddy on board the smartest thing to do might be to vote out Ola. We have a few more minutes until tribal, and I'm going to work my butt off to ensure everything goes to plan.||”|
At tribal council the tribe discuss how camp life has greatly improved, with fights becoming a rare occurrence. Ben mentions that he feels coming to tribal will just get harder for Tagi, as bonds are strong and strategy is running wild. When asked if the tribe feels they'll stick together at the merge, only Ben, Olivia and Sarah nod. Jeff questions the others why they feel they wont stick together. Ola mentions that there are still some cracks in the tribe, and that unless these cracks are mended then things wont go well. Teddy states that the tribe cant predict the future until they've lived through the present, and that this tribal will greatly impact the rest of the game. As the vote comes in, Danni and Ola are left alone in voting for Sarah, leaving them both worried about the future. Larry stuck to his word and votes for Ola, but Larry's stubborn attitude and unwillingness to play the game leaves Teddy no other choice but to join Ben, Olivia and Sarah in voting him out, looking down as his friend leaves in a 4-2-1 vote.
Larry (4 votes)
Ben, Olivia, Sarah & Teddy
Sarah (2 votes)
Danni & Ola
Ola (1 vote)
|“||You're the closest person to Teddy out here, and that's becoming an issue.||”|
|“||I would say nothing personal, but this definitely is. You're the weakest person out here, and I need you out of my hair.||”|
|“||Ola, you drive me nuts, you never shut up. But you're not a bad person at heart, I'll give you that. I just hope it's you or me tonight.||”|
|“||I know how jealous you are of my obvious boob job. It's a shame you wont be winning the money so you can get some on that flat chest of yours.||”|
|“||You are just really grumpy and it's buggin' me out.||”|
|“||We need to get rid of "cracks", lets start with your forehead.||”|
|“||Man you know I didn't want to do this. You are my closest buddy out here but your stubborn a** causes me to write your name down. Much love man, I hope to come visit you and your family in Macon soon, keep in touch.||”|
|“||I am somewhat disappointed I didn't go further as I feel physically and mentally I could have. I struggled with the social aspect of the game but I think anyone would when you're in a camp with those kids... and Ola. Teddy I hope does well, he's a real good hearted guy with his head screwed on. As for the rest of them I really couldn't care that much, but I wish them all well.||”|
Still In The Running